We are beginning competitor programming for the box! If you would like to compete, this is by no means a necessity! Anyone can compete whenever they are ready to give it a try.
These WOD's will be designed for those athletes who are ready to move to the next level and compete in Rx competitions. They are meant to be a supplement to our regular programming. If you are not sure if you qualify, check the rules below, or ask a coach!
If you'd like to subscribe to the competitor email, you can do so below.
SOME RULES TO KEEP IN MIND WHEN CHOOSING TO COMPLETE THE COMPETITOR WODs...
1. DON'T TALK ABOUT COMPETITOR'S WODS! haha just kidding. This is not an exclusive club, anyone can be a competitor. However, you must be proficient at the movements posted, and be able to complete the WOD's Rx in order to participate with this programming. This is for safety reasons! These WOD's will not be coached a majority of the time, and are high in difficulty.
2. Please do not do the WODs during regular class time.
3. If you aren't sure, ask!
4. Go strict whenever possible unless otherwise specified. This includes regular WODs too. No matter what the movement go strict until you fail 2 times, then you can kip. No one gives a shit about your time but you, so let that go and just get stronger.
5. DON'T BURN OUT! It's easy to over-train. Part of being a good competitor is listening to your body and knowing when to tone it down.
6. Video yourself and keep track of your progress.
7. HAVE FUN! The minute it's not fun, you need a break.
A Note on Warm Ups:
The warm up on the board is tailored for the daily WOD, and to perfect basic movements for a wide range of athletes. This may not work with our daily Competitor WOD. Chris Spealler recommends you develop your own warm up and stick with it whenever possible. You'll get to know how long it takes you (which helps in any competition) and it ensures you don't skimp, leaving yourself open to injury. Here is a link to his signature warm up, adjust it for yourself.
A. Good Mornings (3X11)
- 3 down, no rest at the bottom, 1 second up, 1 second rest at the top)
B. KB Thrusters
- 10 @ 25
- 8 @ 35
- 6 @ 53
- 2 @ 70
C. 3 RDS
- Body Weight Back Squat x 4
- GHD sit-ups x 12
- Ring Dips x 10
D. 10 min. Mobility on anything that bothers you. SET A TIMER.